Have you ever walked into your house and just cringed at the sight of your floor tile? Have you ever wondered how such a thick layer of dirt got there? Most importantly, have you wondered what to do next so that you can have those fresh-looking tiles again? There are many ways to clean your tile and grout with just the usual cleaning supplies. In this article, we will go through the best ways to clean tile and grout, and you be the judge of which way suits your needs most.
Baking soda and vinegar
This kitchen product comes in handy when we consider regular light tile and grout cleaning. Rough application of baking soda mixed with water might be all you need in such a scenario. Follow the steps below:
- Mix baking soda and water in a 3:1 ratio to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the grout between tiles, using your finger.
- Then, make a 1:1 ratio mixture of water and vinegar.
- Pour this mixed liquid into a spray bottle and spray on your tile.
- After a couple of minutes, once the solution has stopped bubbling, scrub the grout using a brush and wipe the tile using a cloth or a mop.
Oxygenated bleach is widely used for tile and grout cleaning, and it has proven to be amongst the most convenient methods.
- All you need to do is simply mix two spoons of the bleach in two cups of water.
- Pour the solution onto the tile and grout.
- Caution: try it on a small spot first because some tiles tend to lose color when bleach is applied on them.
- Then, use a brush to scrub the group and a cloth or mop to clean the tile.
Just like vinegar, lemon juice is acidic in nature. Just squeeze some lemon juice on top your tile and grout, scrub the grout, wipe the tile, and voila! When it comes to cleaning tile and grout, lemon juice works like a charm.
Last but not the least, an easy but a rather expensive solution to your problem is to rent or purchase a steam cleaner. All the manual work this requires is to turn the cleaner on, and guide it to the parts or your tile floor you want cleaned. The steam cleaner takes care of the rest. However, before you do this, be sure to follow the instructions on the instruction manual which comes with the steam cleaner.
As we have seen, there are many ways to clean your tile and grout. It is for you to decide which one works best for you. If you are trying to avoid the hassle of cleaning it yourself, then you can hire Hoboken Carpet Cleaning’s services to do the dirty work for you. Hiring a professional service has its own advantages; after all, they are the professionals, and that itself, takes the efficiency level much higher. They are the carpet cleaning professionals that will make your tiles look like new, just like they once were.